SPH architecture + interiors has a specialised health architecture and interiors team that has built a reputation for successful delivery of complex health projects.
Our health team, led by health facility planner, architect and director Ali Devellerez, is highly experienced in the design and delivery of both private and government health projects throughout Western Australia.
Our Health Team
When it comes to health facility planning and design, SPH architecture + interiors understand it is important our team understand the complex needs of our client’s, and of the facility end users. Our health team has over 60 combined years’ experience working on health projects, within clinical environments and government agencies.
Ali is a qualified health facility planner, registered architect, and a director of SPH, with over 18 years’ experience working on health projects, both in Perth and internationally.
Cherie is a registered nurse, registered architect, and interior designer, with a clinical background that extends over 25 years. Cherie brings a unique combination of clinical understanding with a design focus, allowing her to connect with clinicians and key stakeholders using their industry language.
Beatriz has worked on many government projects including health projects and laboratories, bringing over 20 years of experience to the team.
No other architectural practice in Perth has this combination of specialist health skills.
To support our health team, SPH has over 20 staff, including architects, interior designers, draftspersons and administrative support, located in our West Leederville studio. Our team has extensive experience in clinical user group consultation, so our clients can be sure that SPH architecture + interiors are the ideal healthcare design firm for their project.
Our Health Projects
High quality design is achieved through developing an understanding of our client’s needs, the organisational philosophies, and our client’s model of care. This in turn enhances the aesthetic experience of the building for the end user groups, as well as reducing operational costs for the organisation.
Collectively, Cherie and Ali have worked on the following health projects whilst employed at various architects in Perth:
- Perth Children’s Hospital
- Fiona Stanley Hospital
- The Wexford Medical Centre
- St John of God Hospital Midland
- St John of God Hospital Subiaco
- The Bendat Family Comprehensive Cancer Centre
- Ramsay Joondalup Health Campus
Recently Completed Projects
- Graylands Hospital Montgomery Ward New Entry (construction at operational site)
- Graylands Hospital Hutchinson Ward Bathroom Upgrade (construction at operational site)
- Charles Jenkins Transitional Care Facility (construction at operational site)
- Lefroy Transitional Care Facility (construction at operational site)
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Amenities Upgrade (construction at operational site)
- Braemar Dementia Care (level 1) and General Care (level 2) Courtyard / Balcony Enhancements
Projects in Design
SPH has the following health projects in design stage:
- Bunbury Step Up Step Down Mental Health project
- Royal Perth Hospital Helipad project
- Fremantle Hospital Dental Clinic Relocation
- Selby Lodge Older Adult Mental Health Unit – 8 bed refurbishment
- Silverchain Carnarvon Community Health Centre
Projects Under Construction
We have the following health projects in construction stage:
- Kaleeya Hospital Redevelopment (complex 80 bed refurbishment)
- Williams Health Centre
- Mukinbudin Health Centre
- Geraldton Cancer Hostel (construction at operational site)
If you are looking to develop or revitalise health care facility, look no further than the team at SPH architecture + interiors.